TAHINI AND MOLASSES SWIRL BANANA BREAD
Author: Heba Elkayal
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Sift the flour and baking soda and salt in one bowl. Combine and mix thoroughly.
- Step 2 Cream butter and eggs together until fully combined and then incorporate brown and white sugar into the mix. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 3 Mash the bananas and add to the combined ingredients. Mix in the nutmeg and tahini.
- Step 4 Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Step 5 Let cool and then remove from the loaf pan. Slice and serve with a drizzle of molasses.